Member PCP Changes
Members – at this time PCP changes cannot be done through the portal. We are diligently working to get this feature back up in running. In the meantime, please contact customer service at 800-826-2862 x3350 to update your Primary Care Physician.
What We Do
We’re on a mission to make feel-good moments more affordable.
We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to health care plans, and a lot of these choices look a lot alike.
But when you take a close look, there’s only one Smart Choice. Total Health Care.
We offer you extras other plans don’t, like:
• FREE flu shots!
• FREE vision plans!
Total Health Care USA plans also include:
• Unlimited physician office visits
• Prescription drug coverage
• A wide array of diagnostic testing
When it comes to health care, access is everything. Our commitment to connecting out members with
health care providers is unmatched. To better make these connections we’re using better tools like:
• Teladoc®, which allows members to see a U.S. board-certified doctor for almost any medical reason
at any time on any smartphone, tablet, or computer.
• Our Smarter Health Nurse Advise Line, which provides 24/7 access to a nurse by calling 800.826.2862
extension 4357 (HELP)
We’re also committed to preventive health programs, so every Total Health Care member has access to:
• FREE 12-week Weight Watchers® weight management programs
• FREE smoking cessation programs
Where We Are
We currently offer a comprehensive health care delivery system that includes the area’s leading health care
networks, hospitals, and physicians. Our network consists of:
• Over 2,560 health care centers (offices for both PCPs and Specialists; 1,105 office for just PCPs)
• More than 1,850 primary care physicians throughout Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, and Genesee counties
• More than 4,500 specialists throughout Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, and Genesee counties
Where We’ve Been
Total Health Care, Inc., a fully licensed and federally qualified managed care organization founded and
incorporated as a non-profit corporation on July 16, 1973 , making us the oldest HMO in southeastern Michigan.
First incorporated as Model Neighborhood Total Health Care (MNTHC), we got our start as part of the federally
subsidized model neighborhood programs of then President Lyndon B. Johnson. The organization, with its strong
community orientation, was located strategically within the City of Detroit at a major hospital center.
In November 1982, the organization was reincorporated under the name Total Health Care, Inc. and functioned
as a staff model HMO whose delivery system consisted of three health centers, six associated hospitals, and
several related referral facilities. Total Health Care expanded its service area in mid-1981 to include all of Wayne,
Oakland, and Macomb counties, as well as portions of Monroe County. THC evolved to a mixed model HMO
(staff/IPA) for a period of time, but assumed a strictly network IPA model in 1984.
Who We Are
Our governing body consisting of six board members, four of whom are elected by the subscriber members and
two who are appointed from the business and professional communities. We’ve been fully accredited by the
National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA) since May of 2007.