Prevent Medication Mistakes
You can help prevent medication mistakes by keeping your drug information with you. Keep a list of the name, strength and how much medicine you are taking. Put prescriptions, over-the-counter drugs, herbs, vitamins and supplements on the list.
Remember to share this list with your doctor and pharmacist. Ask questions about new medications your doctor is prescribing for you:
- What is this medicine for?
- How am I supposed to take it?
- How long should I take it?
- What side effects might occur?
- What to do if side effects occur?
- Is it safe to take this with my current medications, herbs, vitamins, and supplements?
- What should I avoid while I take this?