Children’s Special Health Care Services
Applications are currently being accepted through the end of March 2017 for a Summer Camp Program. The application form can be accessed here
Children’s Special Health Care Services (CSHCS) is a program for children and some adults with special health care needs and their families. The CSHCS program:
- Focuses on family-centered services for over 2,500 diagnosis.
- Assist in locating resources
- Connects families to community-based services through local health departments
- Residency: Must be a Michigan resident.
- Citizenship: Must be a US citizen or documented non-citizen admitted for permanent residence or a non-citizen legally admitted migrant farm worker (i.e., seasonal agricultural worker).
- Age: Children must have a qualifying medical condition and be 20 years old or under. Persons 21 and older with cystic fibrosis or certain hereditary blood coagulation disorders commonly known as hemophilia may also qualify.
- Qualifying Medical Condition: A MDCH medical consultant reviews each case to determine eligibility. Severity and chronicity of the person’s condition, as well as the need for treatment by a specialist are factors considered. More than 2,500 diagnoses are potentially eligible. Click here for a list of these diagnoses.
For more information on enrollment:
- Contact your local CSHCS office
- Contact the CSHCS Family Phone Line at 1-800-359-3722
- Email the Family Center at email@example.com
Children with Special Needs Fund
Families with a child enrolled, or medically eligible to enroll, in the Children’s Special Health Care Services (CSHCS) Program may apply to the Children with Special Needs Fund.
For eligible recipients, the Fund may provide payment assistance for items including but not limited to:
- Wheelchair ramps
- Van lifts and tie downs
- Therapeutic tricycles
To apply for help from the fund, call the CSHCS office at your local health department for an application and assistance with the application process. You may also call the Fund at 517-241-7420, or the CSHCS Family Phone Line at 800-359-3722. Applications are available online at www.michigan.gov/csnfund.
The Family Center for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (FCCYSHCN)
- Staffed by parents of children with special needs
- Information and referrals
- Parent-to-parent support network
- Support to attend conferences, sibling workshops, and parent/professional trainings
CSHCS Family Phone Line 1-800-359-3722
Total Health Care CSHCS Program- Important Phone Numbers
If you have questions or need assistance, contact the CSHCS Care Coordinator at 1-800-826-2862 x7872.
Other Key CSHCS Contacts:
- Transportation 1-800-826-2862 ext. 6408
- Pharmacy 1-800-826-2862 or 1-877-634-9202
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Binsons 1-888-246-7667
- J&B Medical Supply 1-800-737-0045